Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Emily's New Outfit

It’s been a while since I have posted but it is very hard to balance everything that comes with life. I wanted to share with you the amazing project that I did when I first started making the doll cloths. The dress on the bottom left was one of my first ones I started with, a pattern that I had found on the internet or in a book, I really can’t remember but I was trying to alter it to be something else but it ended up being way too big for the doll then I wanted it to be, so a few days later I cut off the top area and made the dress a skirt. I then found at Jo Ann’s the Simplicity Number 2458 to create the a new top this was my first top I ever made for the doll and I thought at the time it came out pretty good but if I know what I know now I think it could have been better but that was then and this is now. You learn from your mistakes and you discover new techniques you learn the right and wrong way to do things.

So while we were on our Christmas holiday my husband decided to take us up to see snow! We don’t get snow here in San Antonio, TX it just is nothing like what you get up north and my daughter has never really seen it like that before. We drove all the way up to Laramie, Wyoming where he used to go to school when he was getting his technical training. Wonderful little town so nice and all we just enjoyed it almost didn’t want to come back. On our way back we had to go throw Denver, CO I converse my husband to go to the American Girl Doll store there so we could check it out with my daughter. He being so wonderful went way out of the rough and all the way to the other side of Denver for us! This was our first time to the AG Store, and man was my daughter excited at first she didn’t know what to think and she was a little overwhelmed. We looked at the doll foods and some of the other things there. We took Emily with us on our trip and since her eye was having trouble blinking they replaced her without any problems. It was amazing and I was very happy that they were able to do this too. We ended up getting Emily the allergenic food and Meatloaf the dog to play with but while we were in line my daughter spotted these white pants at the time we were already checking out and we had racked up quite a pricy bill with just the two things we got. I told my daughter that I can try making her the paints when we get back home because they looked pretty simple, so the top picture is the doll with the shirt and pants that I made. Not too bad practice makes perfected and I am still learning.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Rosetta Fairy Costume

So here was the first thing I made for my daughter and her American Girl Doll Emily that was a match outfit. I started with the Simplicity 5705 18 Inch Doll Costume sewing pattern. I did some research on the internet looking for others that have made the Tinkerbell costume and I found lots of really great ideas. One that I really liked was Prudent Baby DIY Tinkerbell Fairy Costume It was a little similar to the sewing pattern just gave me more of an idea on how to create a Rosetta costume instead of a Tinkerbell one for my daughter and her AG Doll, give me the idea to create a round petal versus the pointed ones like you see on the Tinkerbell costumes. So I altered the idea a little and tried to make it as close to Rosetta Costume using Prudent Baby’s idea along with the Simplicity Sewing pattern to create these. I think they turned out pretty good!

Thursday, August 2, 2012


So this is where it all started with Molly an American Girl Doll. She was a surprise to my husband and I and still is going to be till this Christmas for my Daughter. My husband had lost his job right before Christmas last year and we were buying storage unites that had defaulted on their payment, we were selling the contents to make extra cash when we had found Molly in one of the unites we won around January of this year. All her things where separated from her and if it had not have been for us going throw every single box we would not have found the necklace and her Meet Molly Book but we were still missing things from research I had done on the doll. I was a little far miller with the dolls because my sister in law has the one that is just like her, so I was aware of the cost of the dolls, all there clothes and I know that we really needed the money and I could sale her and make some money on her with what I had or I could keep her and have a Christmas gift for my daughter no telling at the time when he would be getting another job and this way I would have Christmas covered I decided to save her till then. So I began my search for Doll Patterns and I found lots of places with doll patterns even my local JoAnn’s store so I took the looking one step farther American Girl Doll Patterns and I found this website AGPlaythings and let me just say this “Wow now I could make all the things she was missing.” I started off with Molly’s Beret that came out ok not bad then I was a little more adventures and I wanted to try to make her some boots for fun a girl can never have too many shoes. So I tried Samantha’s Gaiters and with a little research on how to make shoes, boots I came up with the ones on the bottom right. Not Bad If I do say so myself. I will have to spend some time this weekend and take some more pictures of the other things I made for her so far I am already a head on my daughters Christmas Present this year, but I had to broke down and buy her Molly witch she has already received for her birthday in April we are having so much fun with her I just know that she will have more fun with Molly too!